Lately I’ve been feeling low energy. It’s actually a pretty common occurrence for me, I have an incredibly non-demanding schedule which results in me rarely feeling inspired to do much. Here are my don’ts and dos when it’s easy not to do much.
- start watching a new tv show. Especially one that has several seasons and episodes for you to make your way through. For me, is a vortex.
- startsnacking. All of a sudden I become insatiably peckish and all snacks- healthy and unhealthy are consumed in a shamefully short period of time.
- go on facebook chat. This is how you know I have nothing to do/ am avoiding doing something, so desperate am I for entertainment I look for people I’m not really friends with to talk to.
- exercise. Right now I’m trying to commit to a 21 day yoga challenge. When I feel my energy and focus waning throughout the day a quick session can usually help me get back on track.
- schedule. Lists and schedules hold me accountable. work.fit.play
- conversations with people who know what I should be doing. Nothing’s like the shame of having someone ask how far you have gotten in a project.
- house hold chores– cooking, laundry and cleaning. When I look back I can actually see that some of my time has been spent productively.
- craft. Who say crochet? I just finished making a running armband for my phone with my aunt’s help. Next project… laptop case!
- take a wine! Nothing like a quick wine to get you energised and ready to go.