1. I have been watching Girls on HBO. I watch it because it’s a captivating story, featuring unique perspectives and characters I have never seen on Television in this light before. These are some screwed up, delusional, without-a-clue, privileged, reckless, self-involved women living in a dream world and it’s hella entertaining to watch. There are many scenes that make me quite uncomfortable around sex acts and relationships but I know this shit really happens. Another aspect about Girls is that not one of the characters are remotely likeable, not one of them. Yet I can’t stop watching. This is an article I read that sort of reflects how I feel about the show. I know the season has ended but I don’t have HBO so I have to find alternative viewing options so that leaves me quite a bit behind.
2. I love food, probably too much. I love to go to fancy grocery stores and buy up special sauces and oils and frozen samosas and other delicious things. I found this article on food prices globally and its progression in the last few years. I found it interesting the amount of money spent on food at home. As a student I try my best to eat at home and prepare food to go when I can. How much money do you think you spend on food away from home?
3. I Bleeping love Science. This is my most favourite facebook page. Get into it!
Have a great weekend!
One of my favorite artists. Hope you enjoy these as well.
1. Umi Says
2. U r the One
3. The Panties
Have a great Hump Day!
Family, I hope you had a great week. I had a pretty exceptional week (if I should say so myself) because on Monday I started grad school. Classes are interesting and demanding and my free time has been left in the dust. However I wanted to make sure I shared with you all some of the interesting things that I read this week between all the scholarly articles. I promise to not post any of those here lol
- Catfishing and such. Over the past month or so I got into the MTV show Catfish and it is entertaining to no end. Only one situation that I saw ended well and that was because both parties were being dishonest about themselves and by chance they happened to connect in the end. In all other episodes it has been anger, tears and major disappointment. It is really easy to say that you would never get caught up in an online dating lie, and there are some pretty simple ways to mitigate at least some of the foolishness early out, but if we really think about it is this really that uncommon and new-age? This NYT article fleshes it out really well and gave me some new perspective on how we really go about knowing someone.
- Faith and Spirituality. I don’t talk about God and faith much, but I think about it quite often. Growing up very very catholic is a significant part of how I got here and I am still negotiating a lot of how I feel about Christianity on a whole. I came across this article from Esquire and read it about three times because I sometimes feel this is where I want to be, other times not so much.
3. NKOTB. When I was about 9 or 10 I was in love with Donnie and Jordan from New Kids on the Block. I was obsessed. I had all their music on tap, nighties, notebooks, stationary, videos of their performances and I am pretty sure I wrote them about 46 letters (I was that kid) and waited with baited breath for the responses that never came. I wasn’t big on the other boy bands but NKOTB brought me great joy. Can you imagine how excited I was to hear that New Kids on the Block is teaming up with Boyz II Men and 98 Degrees for a 2013 stadium-sweeping super-tour called THE PACKAGE. Sigh. I could go on and on but me sister from another mister Lindy over at Jezebel lays it out in hilarious plain language for those of you who may not know. Best believe that I have already scoped out the NYC dates, best believe.
Enough of my randomness, have a great weekend yall.
So it’s carnival season in Trinidad, and though I have no interest in playing mas I know for many people it’s gearing up time. I’ve kind of maybe decided that I will be play mas in Caribana so I’m with those who are also dreaming of firm(er) fit(ter) bodies for themselves, and others. Who in the world wants to exercise without music? My get fit play list.
Let me say Kollision Band sweeting me on a whole next level. Really, it’s taking all forms of will power not to make this my profile picture.
Again b/c I must have a child for djRawkus… here’s a power mix to get that cardio going.
Bajan soca to rephrase trendsettah can be quite instructive/ demanding and that’s what I like in a trainer, so b/c I can’t afford a trainer that’s what I like in my music… so some Lil Rick.
Anytime I’m in a party and I hear this song I start doing knee rises, good cardio.